Extra included hardware
Aaron Cheesman — Jan 18, 2017 06:31PM UTC
My bike shipped with a plastic envelope of small parts, and I'm not sure what they're all for. They include:
* four (what appear to be) chrome tire stem caps 1/2" in diameter
* four clear plastic (what appear to be) round cover caps (about 1/3" in diameter) with barbed toggles to fasten them in place, but what are they supposed to cover?
* one yellow metal collar about 3/4" in diameter. One side has a serrated edge, perhaps for preventing rotation
* one metal screw about 5/8" long and a head 1/3" in diameter
* one metal bolt cap about 1/3" in diameter
The chrome stem caps, I get that. What about the other things? I'll hold onto them, but I'd like to know what their intended use is. Especially the yellow collar thing. Thanks.
1 Community Answers
US Support Agent - Jan 19, 2017 at 11:35PM UTC
The yellow metal collar is just a spare front wheel axle washers and other spare parts in general. Your bicycle should be fully assembled minus the handlebar orientation and pedals. You can hold on to the spare parts but you should be fine without them. Hope you enjoy your new ride! Cheers!