This video will show you how to attach the front wheel of your VanMoof S3 (it can also be used for the VanMoof X3):
1. Prepare your tools
- You will need Allen Key 3 and the anti-theft wrench and nut tool from your VanMoof toolbox.
2. Attach the wheel
- Before you attach the wheel, make sure the motor cable is facing upwards and the brake disc is on the same side as the brake caliper.
- Carefully lower the wheel into the front fork The axle should sit in the center of the dropout and the brake disc should be aligned with the brake caliper pads.
3. Secure the wheel
- Place a washer, then an anti-theft nut on each side of the wheel.
- Firmly tighten both nuts using the anti-theft wrench and nut tool.
- Check both sides of the front fork dropout to see if the installation is correct, the anti-theft nut should sit in the center of the dropout.
4. Connect the motor cable
- Run the motor cable between the motor and the fender stay.
- Align the motor cable arrows and click them together. Then tuck it into the front fork as far as possible.
- Take the motor cable cover and the two cable cover bolts.
- The motor cable only needs to pushed slightly inside the front fork. If you find it difficult to grip the cable, you can use a pair of needle nose pliers to help insert it into the fork.
- Place the cover over the opening and fasten it with the bolts and Allen key 3. Tighten the first bolt a little to hold the cover in place, then insert and tighten the other bolt. Tighten both bolts to make sure the cover is secure
5. Test the installation
- Press the power button to wake up the bike.
- Spin the front wheel and then turn the pedals by hand.
- If installed correctly the front wheel will continue to spin.
Now you’re ready to ride