This video will show you how to attach the front wheel:
Find the steps below the video.
- Prepare your tools
- You will need Allen Key 3 and the anti-theft nut wrench and nut tool from your VanMoof toolbox.
- Attach the wheel
- Before you attach the wheel make sure the motor cable is facing upwards and the brake disc is on the same side as the brake caliper.
- Carefully lower the wheel into the front fork
- The axle should sit in the centre of the dropout and the brake disc should be aligned with the brake caliper pads.
- Secure the wheel
- Place a washer, then an anti theft nut on each side of the wheel.
- Firmly tighten using the anti-theft wrench and nut tool.
- Check both sides of the front fork dropout to see if the installation is correct, the anti-theft nut should sit in the center of the dropout.
- Connect the motor cable
- Run the motor cable between the motor and the fender stay. Align the motor cable arrows and click them together. Then tuck it into the front fork as far as possible.
- Take the motor cable cover and the two cable cover bolts. Place the cover over the opening and secure the bolts with Allen key 3.
- Test the installation
- Press the reset button to wake the bike up.
- Spin the front wheel and then peddle by hand. If installed correctly the front wheel will continue to spin.
Now you’re ready to ride.