The video below will show you how to swap the Smart Cartridge in the VanMoof S3 & X3. You’ll also find step by step instruction below the video.
1. Prepare your tools
- You will need a screwdriver, anti theft torx key T30 from your VanMoof tool box, and anti-theft torx key T8 (supplied with the new Smart Cartridge).
2. Remove the saddle
- Remove the seatpost cap, then loosen the seat post bolt with anti-theft torx key T30.
- Slide the saddle out of the seat tube.
3. Remove the Smart Cartridge guard
- Make sure the charging port cover is closed.
- Remove the two bolts from the Smart Cartridge guard on the bottom of the top tube with anti-theft torx key T8, then remove the guard.
4. Remove the Smart Cartridge
- Remove the five bolts from the cartridge using anti theft torx key T8 – make sure you don’t remove the front two.
- Using your thumb, disconnect the Smart Cartridge, then slide the cartridge out of the frame.
5. Insert the new Smart Cartridge
- Insert the new Smart Cartridge with a firm push to connect it.
- Then use the end of a screwdriver to firmly push the Smart Cartridge into place.
- Make sure it’s all the way in by checking the holes are aligned from the bottom of the top tube.
- Retighten the five bolts with anti theft torx key T8.
6. Replace the Smart Cartridge guard
- Replace the Smart Cartridge guard, then secure the two bolts with anti theft torx key T8.
7. Replace the saddle
- Reinsert the saddle and adjust the height.
- Tighten seatpost bolt using anti-theft torx key T30, then replace the seatpost cap.
- Press the power button to turn on your bike.
8. Connect the new Smart Cartridge
- Continue to set-up your new Cartridge in the VanMoof app
If you need more help, please contact customer support.