The video below will show you how to replace the E-shifter on the Vanmoof S3 & X3. You’ll also find step by step instruction below the video. Before you start, carefully remove the rear wheel.
1. Prepare your tools
- You will need a 8 and 15mm spanner.
2. Remove the E-shifter
- Place the wheel into the front wheel stand or lean the wheel against something.
- Hold the axle with a 8mm spanner, then loosen the nut using a 15mm spanner.
- Remove the nut.
- Slide the E-shifter off the axle then remove the washer from the E-shifter.
3. Align the new E-shifter
- The two markings on the inside of the E-shifter should be at a 90 degree angle.
- If the markings are not at a 90 degree angle, connect the E-shifter then reset the bike by holding the reset button.
- Wait for the bike to turn off, and the E-shifter will automatically align.
- Make sure the biggest space on the gear set ring is at a 90 degree angle to the yellow dot.
- Slide the E-shifter onto the axle, if aligned correctly it will fit onto the gear set ring.
- If aligned incorrectly, there will be a small gap between the E-shifter and the gear set ring.
- If incorrect, remove the E-shifter then rotate the gear set ring until the biggest space is at a 90 degree angle to the yellow dot.
- Then slide the E-shifter onto the axle.
4. Secure the new E-shifter
- Hold the axle with a 8mm spanner then place the washer and nut onto the axle.
- Lightly tighten the nut using a 15mm spanner.
For more help,please contact customer support