The video below will show you how to replace the brake pads on the Vanmoof S3 & X3. You’ll also find step by step instruction below the video.
1.Prepare your tools
- You will need a pair of thin pliers, a medium flathead screwdriver and Allen key 5 from your VanMoof toolbox.
2. Remove the brake caliper
- Flip the bike upside down.
- Remove the two bolts from the brake caliper using Allen key 5.
- Slide the caliper off the brake disc.
3. Remove the brake pads
- Push the brake pads back using a medium flathead screwdriver
- Rotate the pad then remove using a pair of thin pliers.
4. Insert the new brake pads
- Insert the new brake pads then rotate into position.
- Make sure the new pads are pushed all the way back with the medium flat head screwdriver.
5.Replace the brake caliper
- Slide the brake caliper over the brake disc.
- Reinsert the two bolts using Allen key 5 – don’t tighten them yet.
- Squeeze the brakes a few times, then continue to hold them while you firmly tighten the two bolts using Allen key 5.
6. Check the brake caliper alignment
- Spin the wheel to make sure it spins freely.
- If the wheel does not spin freely, slightly loosen the bolts so the brake caliper is loose.
- Squeeze the brakes again, then continue to hold them while you firmly tighten the two bolts using Allen key 5.
- The wheel should now spin freely.
- If the wheel still does not spin freely, please contact customer support.
- Turn the bike the right way up.
- Make sure to test your brakes before riding.
For more help, please contact customer support.