The video below will show you how to prepare the VanMoof S3 & X3 for return. You’ll also find step by step instruction below the video.
1.Prepare your tools
- You will need Allen Key 3, 5 & 6 and the anti-theft nut wrench and nut tool from your VanMoof toolbox.
2. Prepare the bike
- Start by turning the bike off by holding the left handlebar button.
- Make sure the Kick Lock is unlocked.
- Carefully place the bike upside down.
3. Deflate the rear tire
- Remove the valve cap from the rear tire, use Allen key 3 to press the centre of the valve to deflate the tire.
- Reinsert the cap once the tire is deflated.
4. Remove the pedals
- Unscrew the left pedal from the crank clockwise with Allen key 6.
- Unscrew the right pedal anticlockwise with Allen key 6.
5. Disconnect the motor cable
- Remove the two bolts from the motor cable cover using Allen Key #3.
- Remove the cover.
- Gently pull the motor cable out of the front fork and disconnect it.
6. Remove the front wheel
- Loosen the two anti-theft wheel nuts and washers from both sides of the axle using the anti-theft wrench and nut tool.
- Leave the wheel nuts and washers on the axle.
- Lift the wheel out of the front fork and set it aside – It’s important not to squeeze the brakes while the wheel is removed.
- Insert the brake caliper protector into the brake caliper
7. Rotate the handlebar
- Carefully flip the bike the right way up.
- Loosen the two stem bolts using Allen key 5, then rotate the handlebar 90 degrees so it’s in
- line with the frame of the bike.
8. Pack your tools
- Pack all the tools, bolts, and motor cable cover into the toolbox.
Your bike is now ready to be re-boxed using the original box.
For more help, contact customer support