This video will show you how to replace the Kick Lock on the Vanmoof S3 & X3. It can also be used for the VanMoof S2 & X2. You’ll also find step by step instruction below the video.
1.Prepare your tools
- You will need a pipe-wrench, a 2mm Allen key and anti theft torx key T-25 which (supplied with the new Kick Lock).
- Carefully place the bike upside down with the rear wheel removed
2. Remove the Kick Lock
- Hold the cap of the Kick Lock with a 2mm Allen key then lock the Kick Lock.
- Hold the pin with a pipe wrench and unscrew the cap anticlockwise using a 2mm Allen key.
- Remove the two bolts from the Kick Lock module using anti-theft torx key T-25.
- Remove the Kick Lock module and gently pull the cable out of the frame, then unplug the connector.
3. Test the new Kick Lock
- Insert the Kick Lock pin if it’s not already inserted and connect the new Kick Lock module.
- Unlock your bike and wait for the timer, then push the Kick Lock out. Your bike should then unlock. Then re-lock the Kick Lock.
If your bike does not unlock, please contact customer support.
4. Install the new Kick Lock
- Reinsert the cable into the frame.
- Insert the new Kick Lock module.
- Reinsert the two bolts and lightly tighten using anti-theft torx key T-25.
- Then firmly tighten using the pipe wrench and a 2mm Allen key.
For more help, please contact customer support.